Wednesday, November 19, 2014

snow angels

For a while now I have been thinking about my dear friend Charlotte*.  I knew life wasn't as peachy as she made things look, but I felt like I could never crack the outer shell.  She comes to my mind often and I never follow that inner voice.  Until one day I had a very unique experience.  Out of the blue I texted her and simply asked how her youngest was doing and if we could borrow an old movie.  She responded that they had just left the hospital for some testing.  They thought it might be whopping cough.  I told her I'd bring a meal over.  She graciously declined, like every other woman I know would do.  But I wouldn't except no for an answer.  I told her that a meal would be on her porch at four regardless if she ate it or not.

I ran to the store with my day passé of two and we started down each isle.  I always feel uneasy of what to bring people, because I am NOT the best cook.  Yeah, I can make anything from a box, but that's about where my skills end.  So I went out on a limb and bought key lime pie fixings, spring salad with fresh berries and noodles to make a soup.  Nothing fancy by any means, but it was a challenge for me.

When I made it home I unloaded and said a little prayer and the neatest thing happened, unseen angels were my aid.  (Only wish they would have reminded me to put salt in the bread.)  Everything came together with ease and it looked and smelled wonderful.  As I loaded the car this overwhelming feeling of love and peace washed over me.  I knew it wasn't meant for me, it was meant for my dear friend Charlotte.   I brought it in with my little assistants and talked with her 18 year old daughter.  I debated there for a good five minutes, wondering if I should share this experience.  I knew I had to.  I said, "Sam*, will you tell your Mom that the Lord loves her.  He must think she is pretty amazing because he asked me to tell her."  Sam smiled and told me thank you for sharing and I was off and on my way to pick up the rest of my passé from school.

Later I received a beautiful text from Charlotte, "I just talked with Sam.  She told me everything you brought and what you said and I am sitting in my car bawling.  You have no idea how much I needed to hear that and feel that right now!  I had a really horrible weekend and I'm so thankful for your inspired goodness and love.  You are a huge answer to prayer.  I'm so humbled by what you did for us tonight.  Thank you.  This means more than you know."  Almost, a month later I received an inspiring thank you from her husband that stated, "Thank you for responding to the promptings of the spirit.  Your meal came on one of the darkest days I've had in years.  Thank you."

I am so grateful they responded.  Most of the time when I feel prompted to do something I don't get to know the whole story.  I want to reiterate the truth, that I don't share these experiences to boast in my strength, but in the Lords.  I am nothing without my Savior, who gave all.  We are all here to help others along their path.  Charlotte answered my prayers years before when she came and cleaned my house with me.

Recently I read this darling book, by Angel Randall.  My sweet five year old picked it out.  It is a sweet story of how angels are always close by and ready to assist.   All these little girls needed to do was ask. It's worth the read, my kids love it and ask to read it every night, even the 11 year old who thinks I know nothing.  



See a need, pray for help, and then see the angels go to work.  Yes, it takes effort on our part but you will be guided and directed in His work and blessed in other areas of your life.  I am extremely grateful for angels that assist me daily, both seen and unseen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment