Monday, December 15, 2014

He is the Gift


I am in love with this time of year.  Especially this year.  I decided not to send out Christmas cards and not to do neighborhood treats.   I'm sorry and you're welcome.   You see, I think all of us hate the rat race of Christmas and the guilty feeling we get when two dozen Christmas treats land on our porch and we haven't done one thing for anyone outside of family.  I'm sorry you won't be getting my carmel pretzels this year or a fancy smancy Christmas card, but what I am really giving you is a little less guilt this season, less sugar rush for your kids, less expectation from me.  So, when I smile and wave while bustling my kids around town or I'm humming a holiday tune in line at Walmart, let that be my gift to you.  Simple love and Christmas joy!  

The first Christmas gift wasn't wrapped in gorgeous paper and there certainly was not any perfect bows.  It was a gift of unconditional love.   The love Mary had for the Lord. The love Joseph had for Mary.  The love the Lord had for His son Jesus Christ.  May we remember this holiday season amid the chaos and self induced guilt, our Savior who was born to save us all.  
He is the gift.  He is why we can live again.  Here is a little
movie on the Savior that doesn't take much time:



Merry Christmas friends!  I hope you can feel the love Jesus has for all of us!


~Auna Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment