Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I Won the Lottery!!!!!!!!

There is no other way to express my excitement than the feelings of winning the lottery.  I came home from a long and wonderful Spring Break to San Diego and Mesa when I opened my door to a perfectly clean house.  I thought at first I should pat myself on the back, "Impressive Auna Leigh, way to be on top of things!"  Then I looked around a bit more and I noticed my blinds were clean, my carpets were WASHED, my floors mopped, towels were washed and folded, a new Turban Twist hung by my shower, kid towels were sewn and folded.  I always thought myself to be pretty clean, but dang, never THAT clean.

I knew only one person in the world crazy enough to clean my whole house, with the time and love for me.  I walked next door and pounded on the door, "Ms. Maybury you've got some explaining to do!!!!"  Seriously, what kind of person cleans your house, top to bottom just to, "Pay it Forward"!?  I asked my sister this and she said, "Not your sister!"

I have lived in the same house for now six years and I have had many neighborly acts of kindness that have lifted me and given my self-esteem wings to fly, but this had to take the cake.  Ms. Maybury already watches my kids with no warning, tutors my son in speech, wakes up at 5:40am to kick my butt at the gym, cooks me yummy sugar cookies, walks with me in a storm to return library books, etc.

Everyone needs a little Ms. Maybury in their life.  I am sorry if you don't.  I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have that bundle of joy and service within reach.  I am forever grateful that the Lord has put an earthly angel right next door that has given me more than I am worthy of accepting.  Sometimes in life you give and you give and you give and then other times your windows open and the Lord pours blessings in.  Mine comes in with a hearty laugh, the biggest grin you've ever seen, jeans, tennis shoes and a heart of gold.

So, Thank You friend, thank you other friend who wishes to be unnoticed!  I love you both with a kind of love that only one has for an angel in their life, Christlike love.  You two made me feel like I'd won the lottery!  I guess I did, to have friends that would break into my house and clean every nook and cranny.  Thank you God giving me these angels.

PS.  I wished I took pictures of my home when I walked in, but within 30 seconds it looked like a bomb went off.  Oh the joys of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment