Thursday, April 17, 2014

with love...


Friday's Challenge:
Send a love note to someone you care about.


One of my favorite things to do is to take a trip down memory lane.  Sometimes that can be scary but luckily I decided to keep a handful of feel good memories.  Doesn't matter the reason, nor the season or handcrafted or a plain white sheet of paper, I LOVE cards!  I keep these special keepsakes close by me, a love note from Mr. C tucked in the case of my phone, a farewell letter from my close friend Katie tucked in the book I'm reading, a folded piece of paper filled with compliments from friends in my nightstand, one was taped on my fridge for over a year.  These are a bright lights of hope when the days get dark and cold.  It amazes me how a sincere heart felt card can literally make my heart skip a beat.  They are mana to my soul.  Knowing how this makes me feel, how am I doing in return!?  

Today I received cards for my birthday.  I was beyond giddy.  I felt like a kid in a candy store.  Wait, what!?  I mean I feel like me in a candy store!  I was so excited to read ever juicy piece of love that oozed off the paper.  I loved every single word written on each individual card.  Reading each line made my heart sore and drop tears on my cheeks.  I am so thankful for friends who take time to tell me that they care.

I know some people will complain that they aren't letter writers.  Okay, have it your way, but I also have a about seven special messages saved on my phone from loved ones.  So try it today.  Make it a special day for someone.  Who know's what they are going through, or what they need to hear.  If you pray and listen the Lord will address the card himself.  He always comes through.

During this Easter season I wanted to share my love for God and his son Jesus Christ.  I know that God lives.  I know that Jesus Christ died for me.  I know that he loves me and has given me his word through Holy Scriptures.  If we read these words we will find love and peace.  I am indebted to Him.  Because of Him I strive to be a better friend.  Because of Him I can repent and come unto Him for strength.  Because of Him I can be made whole when wronged.  Because of Him I am enough.  Because of Him I can be resurrected and return to live with Him and my family.  I LOVE Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment